The Foundational Requirements of Your Tiny House Are Already Designed and Built into our Tiny House Trailers
We’ve reimagined traditional tiny house trailer foundation design to tackle common building issues, delivering a solution that not only saves weight but time and materials, while averting typical mold issues found in other trailer foundations. Our designs ensure uniform insulation across the entire trailer frame, not just between the wheels.
Optimize your tiny house project with a trailer crafted specifically for your needs. At Tiny House Basics, our trailers are conceptualized and designed by seasoned tiny house builders and dwellers. We’ve meticulously crafted each trailer to streamline the building process, ensuring it’s efficient, safe, and straightforward for DIYs and Professional Builders.
Safety is paramount in our designs. A solid Tiny House Trailer foundation is crucial, and our Tiny Home trailers provide just that. They’re robust, tailored to the unique demands of tiny houses, and feature an abundance of connection points with more threaded rods for tying down your wall framing to the trailer and NOAH Tiny House certification requirements. This ensures your home remains securely anchored to its foundation throughout its lifespan.
What sets our tiny home trailers apart? They’re ready to build upon delivery. Say goodbye to the usual prep work associated with other tiny house trailers on the market. And the cherry on top? Our specialized tiny house trailers are competitively priced, costing less than other options on the market. In essence, our trailers are the optimal foundation for your tiny house aspirations.
Crafted to accommodate the distinct weight distribution of a tiny house Our tiny house trailers boast perimeter load-bearing frames coupled with fully insulatable subfloors. This inventive construction eliminates the need for additional wood or structural support, paving the way for a quicker, streamlined build process
Designed from the ground up to save time, and weight, and eliminate the common mold issues found on other tiny house trailer foundations by allowing you to uniformly insulate the whole trailer frame and not just between the wheels. Our trailers are designed to carry unique loads of a tiny house around the perimeter of the trailer frame while allowing a fully insulated subfloor. This trailer design speeds up your build by allowing you to use the trailer as the subfloor with no other wood or structural support. With a vast amount of options and limitless customizations, we build each trailer specifically to you and your needs.
Our Tiny House Trailers Speed Up Your Building Whether You Are A Novice Or A Pro!
Available options like threaded rods to tie down wall framing translate directly from standard building practices to make your build as simple as can be. We design our trailers to be your lifelong foundation for your tiny house and not just last a few years and fail from subpar design and mold issues from uninsulated floors.
Certified Trailer Frames: As a member of NOAH (National Organization of Alternative Housing) Our Trailers exceed stage 1 of your tiny house certification, ready for you to take over and start stage 2, Rough framing. Using a certified trailer frame will ease the process and as Certified tiny house builders ourselves, we can guide you through that process. Certifying your tiny house will ease insurance requirements and open up parking and placement as many municipalities now require Certification from NOAH. Tiny House Basics was the first to break the old way of building modified car hauler trailer frames with flanges and bring to market the first extra wide trailer frames with decks up to 102in wide for our standard models. We were also the first to market with 10ft wide and 12ft wide Tiny House Trailers using our same trailer subfloor design to allow uniform insulation in the full width of our trailers. We were also the first to coin the term tiny house shells back in 2015 where we build the tiny house structure for you on our trailer foundations for you to complete the rest and still take part in the DIY part of the movement.
Tiny House Basics Specializes in custom Extra Wide Deck Bumper Pull and Gooseneck trailer models built and shipped from 1 of 3 locations across the U.S. Prompt delivery is available in all parts of the United States.
Standard Features: All trailers are designed and built with box tube construction, including main frame rails and crossmembers. 2 5/16in Ball Coupler, Electric Brakes with 7-way Connector, Backup Battery with Sway-a-way Safety System, Dual Safety Chains, Sealed Wiring Harness and Heavy duty Crossmembers 16in on Center. Outside the main frame rails (82in on a 102in trailer and 96in on a 10ft wide trailer) we use an outer frame rail and crossmembers to match the inner deck. This modern deck design eliminates the thermal bridging and mold issues that our competitors have with their flange-style trailer frames. Our heavy-duty crossmembers allow you to use the trailer as the subfloor and eliminate the need to build a wooden subfloor as some companies require.
Get A Free Tiny House Trailer Quote Now!
Tiny House Trailer Video Tours
2021 Custom Tiny House Shells
Who Is Tiny House Basics?
We are Joshua and Shelley and we are Tiny House People with a extensive background in Tiny House Trailers and Tiny Houses. Our Trailers are built in 3 Nationwide Trailer Manufacturing Locations with over 36 years experience building High Quality Trailers. As Tiny House People our number one goal is to help others with the goal of going tiny and to simplify that process and save you money by buying direct from the manufacturer. Due to the fact that there are no sales lots we can offer 2021 Tiny House Trailers at True Manufacturer Direct Pricing. Since we have built and live in a Tiny House built on one of our Tiny House Trailers, We can offer insight and knowledge on what is most important in your Tiny House Trailer Foundation and show you the practical options you may need to make your build successful on the best tiny house trailers in the market. We will guide you throughout the whole process to design the best Tiny House Trailer to fit your needs.
Visit The Tiny House Basics’ Website
Contact us for any Tiny House Trailer Inquiries
Call or Text Us At 925-322-0541
Or Email [email protected]
Please Let Us Know Where you are Located and What Size Tiny House Trailer You Desire. We can help you with all the other details, after all we build our Tiny House on one of our trailers so we know the Tiny House Needs very well!
For More Information on Buying a Tiny House Trailer
We Have 4 Tiny House Trailer Manufacturings Locations Across The Us:
Tiny House Trailer Manufacturing Location in Los Angeles, California
Tiny House Trailer Manufacturing Location in Pennsylvania
Tiny House Trailer Manufacturing Location in Texas
Tiny House Basics’ San Francisco Shell & Custom Builds in Gilroy, California
Contact Us To Arrange a Visit and Arrange a Tour!
Common Terms Used On This Page For Tiny House Trailers:
- GVWR: Gross Vehicle Weight Rating – The Amount of weight the Tiny House Trailer can hold INCLUDING the weight of itself
- Payload: The weight of the load the Tiny House Trailer can handle, In this case how much the Tiny House can weight that is being built on the Tiny House Trailer
- Wheel Brakes: Electric equipped axle brakes powered by a Brake Controller in the Tow Vehicle (2 – wheel brakes mean it has brakes on both wheels of one axle)
- Drop Axles: See This Post HERE
Custom Tiny House Trailers Start Out At $5399!
7k GVWR Tiny House Trailer Start At $5399
10k HD GVWR Tiny House Trailers Start At $5850
12k HD GVWR Tiny House Trailers Start at $6100
14K HD GVWR Tiny House Trailers Start At $6100
All Of Our Trailers Are Made By Tiny House Trailer Manufacturers with over 30 years in the business making Trailers.
For Pricing On A Custom Size Tiny House Trailer From Our California, Texas & Pennsylvania Tiny House Manufacturers: Request a Free Quote
Standard Features on our 10k (California MFG) Tiny House Trailers:
(2) Wheel Brakes, (1) 5K Brake Axle (1) 5k Idler Axle, 16″ 8-Lug Wheels, 16″ 10-Ply Bias Ply Tires, HD 6″ C Channel Frame And Tongue, 2 5/16″ Coupler, 5k Drop Leg Jack, 3″ C-Channel Cross Members @ 16″ Spacing (Flush w/ deck or Dropped 3″), 7 – Way Connector Plug, DOT Lights, Safety Chains, Break-A-Way Kit/ Battery, Fully Painted Black (Custom Colors Available) MFG Warranty
Standard Features on our 10k (Texas MFG) Tiny House Trailers:
(2) EZ-Lube HD 5K Brake Axles, 2 5/16” Coupler, 5K Front Jack, HD 6” x 2” Box-Tube Frame w/3”x 1” HD Box-Tube Cross-Members @ approx 18” Spacing placed 3” below Top-of-Frame, 6” x 2” Box-Tube Tongue, Sealed-Beam Lights, Break-A-Way Kit, 15”225 8-Ply Tires, Tear-Drop Fenders, Plastic Conduit protects wiring, Side-Marker Lights, Safety Chains, Fully Primed/Painted/DOT Stripes & MFG 2-Year Warranty
Standard Features on our 10k (Pennsylvania MFG) Tiny House Trailers:
(2) EZ-Lube HD 5K Axles, 2-Wheel Brakes, (1) 5K Brake Axle, (1) 5K Idler Axle, HD 6″x 2″ x 3/16″th Box Tube Frame, 15” 6-Lug Wheels, 15” 10-Ply Tires, 102” Wide Deck Front/Rear of Fenders, HD 3” Cross-Members spaced approx. every 16” 3” below top-of-frame, 2 5/16” Coupler, 8K Drop-Leg Front Jack, LED Lights, Break-A-Way Kit, Smooth Fenders, Safety Chains, 7-Way Connector Plug, Fully Painted Black & MFG 6-Month Warranty
Standard Features on our 12k (California MFG) Tiny House Trailers:
(2) EZ-Lube HD 6K Axles, 2-Wheel Brakes, (1) 6K Brake Axle, (1) 6K Idler Axle, 16” 8-Lug Wheels, 16” 10-Ply Radial Tires, 2 5/16” Coupler, 5K Drop-Leg Front Jack, HD 6” C-Channel Frame/Tongue, 102” Wide Deck, Front/Rear of Fenders, 3” HD Cross-Members placed approx. every 16” 3” below top-of-frame, DOT Lights, Break-A-Way Kit, Smooth Fenders, Side-Marker Lights, Safety Chains, 7-Way Connector Plug, Fully Painted Black & MFG 1-Year Warranty
Standard Features on our 12k (Texas MFG) Tiny House Trailers:
(2) EZ-Lube HD 6K Brake Axles, HD 2 5/16” Coupler, HD 6” x 2” Box-Tube Frame w/3”x 1” Box-Tube Cross-Members @ approx. 18” Spacing placed 3” below Top-of-Frame, 6” x 2” Box-Tube Tongue, HD 5K Front Jack, Sealed-Beam Lights, Break-A-Way Kit, 16” 8-Lug Wheels, 16” 10-Ply Radial Tires, Diamond Plate Fenders, Plastic Conduit protects wiring, Side-Marker Lights, Safety Chains, Trailer Fully Primed/Painted/DOT-Striped & MFG. 2-Year Warranty
Standard Features on our 14k (Pennsylvania MFG) Tiny House Trailers:
(2) EZ-Lube HD 6K Axles, 2-Wheel Brakes, (1) 6K Brake Axle, (1) 6K Idler Axle, HD 6”x 2″ x 3/16″ Box Tube Frame, 16” 6-Lug Wheels, 16” 10-Ply Radial Tires, 102” Wide Deck Front/Rear of Fenders, HD 3” Cross-Members spaced approx. every 16” 3” below top-of-frame, 2 5/16” Bulldog Coupler, HD 12K Drop-Leg Front Jack, LED Lights, Break-A-Way Kit, Smooth Fenders, Safety Chains, 7-Way Connector Plug, Fully Painted Black & MFG. 6-Months Warranty
14k Upgrade Standard Tiny House Trailer Features (In Addition to 12k Features)
- (2) 7K Axles
- Increased Payload Over 12k Models
HD 18,000 LBS GVWR 3-Axles (w/(2) 6K Brakes Axles & (1) 6k Idler Axle)
- 18k Upgrade Standard Features (in Addition to 12k Features)
- Increased Payload
- Two Brake Axles Versus Only One For Better Braking Control
HD 21,000LBS GVWR 3-Axles (w/(2) 7K Brakes Axles & (1) 7k Idler Axle)
- 21k Upgrade Standard Features (In Addition To 12k Features)
- Increased Payload
- Two Brake Axles Versus Only One For Better Braking Control
Standard Features on our 21k (Texas MFG) Tiny House Trailers:
(3) EZ-Lube HD 7K Axles, 4-Wheel Brakes, (2) 7K Brake Axle, (1) 7K Idler Axle, HD 6” x 2” x 3/16” Box Tube Frame, 6” x 2” Box-Tube Outer-Frame, 6” x 2” 53” Tongue, 16” 8-Lug Wheels, 16” 10-Ply Radial Tires, 102” Wide Deck Front/Rear of Fenders, 82” Width between fenders, HD 4”x 2” Box-Tube Cross-Members spaced approx. every 16” placed Flush w/top-of-frame (3” x 2” Box- Tube when placed 3” below top of frame), HD 21K rated 2 5/16” Adjustable Coupler, 12K Drop-Leg Front Jack, Seal Beam Lights, Break-A-Way Kit, Smooth Fenders, Safety Chains, 7-Way Connector Plug, Fully Painted Black & MFG Warranty
Custom Options For Tiny House Trailers
- Add Electric Brakes On Idler Axle $260
- Cross Members Flush With Frame $150
- Lower Whole Deck 4″ With HD 4″ Drop Axles $175 Each Axle
- 12″ Longer Tongue For More Storage $200
- Deck Over Trailer Style $2200
- Gooseneck Package $2300 – $2600
- Welded and Painted Flashing – QUOTE
- Threaded Rods $22 Each
- Scissor Jacks of Loading Jacks $375 for as set of 4
Tiny House Trailers Available in Sizes From 10ft to 50ft
When Ordering A Gooseneck Tiny House Trailer:
- The Gooseneck Package Adds 8ft To The Trailer Deck
- If you Choose A 20ft Deck and Add A Gooseneck, The Trailer Will Be 28ft Total
- You Select Height of Gooseneck Deck, NEED from tow-vehicle:
** Ground to top of Ball HEIGHT
** Top of Ball , to top of pickup bed sides HEIGHT (if buyer has a flatbed pickup bed (no sides) the
gooseneck will be much lower, more interior height
Deck Heights Of Tiny House Trailers
- Standard Deck Height Approx 26″
- Drop Axles Deck Height Approx 22″
- Deck Over Deck Height Approx 36″
Where Will My Axles Be Located On My Tiny House Trailer?
- The Center Of The Axles Will Be Located Approx 60% Back From The Front Of The Deck (Optional: To Move the axles to center the load)
- If A Tiny House Trailer Has A 20ft Deck, The Approx Center Of The Two Axles Will Be 12ft Back From the Front.
- For California Tiny House Trailers: The center of the two or three axles is moved towards the rear 1″ for every deck foot length from the center of the Tiny House Trailer example 28ft deck = move axles towards the rear approx. 28″ past the 14ft centerline
- Tandem Axles Wheel Wells Are Approx 6′ Long
- Triple Axle Wheel Wells Are Approx 9′ Long
- On A 20ft Trailer, The Start Of The Fender Will Be Approx 9Ft Back From The Front Of The Trailer And End 15ft Back From The Front Of The Trailer.
- For More Information on fender locations
What Is The Most Popular Tiny House Trailer Size?
- We Sell The Most Tiny House Trailers in 28ft Length With 21k Triple Axles
Suggested GVRW (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) For Tiny House Trailer Sizes
Weight Rating For Tiny House And Trailer Included
- 12ft – 16ft Tiny House Trailer – 7K GVWR – 10k GVWR Recommended
- 16ft – 19ft Tiny House Trailer – 10k GVWR At Least
- 20ft Tiny House Trailer – 10k GVWR At Least – 12k GVWR Recommended
- 21ft – 22ft Tiny House Trailer – 10K GVWR At Least – 12k GVWR Recommended
- 23ft-24ft Tiny House Trailer – 12k GVWR At Least – 14k GVWR Recommended
- 26ft – 28ft Tiny House Trailer – 14K GVWR At Least, 18k Recommended
- 28ft – 30ft Tiny House Trailer – 18K Recommended
- 32ft And Above Tiny House Trailer – 21k GVWR Recommended
Call Us At 925-322-0541
Or Email [email protected]
For A Quote!!!
Why Buy A New Custom Tiny House Trailer?
We Wanted to further to help our friends in the Tiny House Community by saving them the time and money of dealing with ordering a custom Tiny House Trailer. As Manufacturer Representatives for 3 Tiny House Trailer Manufacturers. We can help you with every step of the way designing a perfect Tiny House Trailer for your tiny house and as people that went through this exact process we can explain the benefits of certain options and show you how certain features will help or hinder on your build. Please contact us with any questions you have on Tiny House Trailers and request a Free Tiny House Trailer Quote.
Many Custom options are available!
Info on how to order your Tiny House Trailer
Discounts Available on All Tiny House Trailers w/ Purchase Of Floor Plans